Arabic Language (Full Time)
The Certificate level will serve as an introduction to the Arabic Language, which target those with little to no Arabic learning background. This course will focus on the four basic language skills of speaking, reading, listening and writing. Student will be able to initiate and respond to simple Arabic conversation. Students are able to read and have a considerable understanding of any text given. In addition to this, they will be introduced to Arabic grammar and classical text.
Students must excel in their examination in order to go to Pre-Diploma Level. However, it is our hope that this course will and be an impetus for students to further study the Arabic language. When a student completes this course with the grade of excellence and have a good proficiency level, their application for Pre-Diploma can be considered.
Medium : English
1. Open to students from the age of 16 onwards.
2. Must at least be able to recognize the Arabic alphabet and able to write simple Arabic character.
An aptitude test will be conducted when needed.
3. Ability to recite the Quran fairly.
Student must complete and pass all 18 credit hours by which a certificate in Arabic language will be granted.
Repeat of subject/ semester
1. Students who fail 3 or more subjects must repeat the whole semester.
2. Students who fail less than 3 subjects will be allowed for a resit examination by which the highest attainable grade is C.
3. Students who fail in the resit must retake the subject(s) in the next semester.
No provision of supplementary classes meaning, students have to wait for the next available class.
Monday – Friday, 9.00 am – 2.30 pm
*Subject to changes
Registration Fee: $95
Course Fee: $ 160 per month
* Fees exclude material/book fees
* Subject to changes
updated on 1/11/2016