Certificate in Arabic Language (Full Time)
Arabic Language (Full Time)
- Moderate proficiency in the four language skills; reading, listening, writing, conversing.
- Moderate understanding of basic Arabic grammar.
- Moderate understanding of introductory classical Arabic.
The certificate level will serve as an introduction to the Arabic Language, which target those with little to no Arabic learning background. This course will focus on the four basic language skills of speaking, reading, listening and writing. Student will be able to initiate and respond to simple Arabic conversation. Students are able to read and have a considerable understanding of any text given. In addition to this, they will be introduced to Arabic grammar and classical text.
It is our hope that this course will be an impetus for students to further study the Arabic language. Upon completion, the student have an opportunity to advance to the next level of study with the condition of ‘Excellent’ in the final certification along with good level of speaking and reading proficiency.
- Open to students from the age of 16 onwards
- Able to recite the Quran moderately. An entrance test will be conducted when needed. (Students may be required to attend an integration session for 2 sessions before the semester starts.)
Student must complete and pass all 18 credit hours by which a certificate in Arabic language will be granted.
Repeat of subject/ semester
- Students who fail 3 or more subjects must repeat the whole semester.
- Students who fail less than 3 subjects will be allowed for a resit examination by which the highest attainable grade is C. Students who fail in the resit must retake the subject(s) in the next semester.
- No provision of supplementary class unless sufficient number of student register for a particular subject. Hence, students will have to wait for the next available class.
Mon, Tue, Wed, and Friday: 8.30am – 3.00pm
Thurs: 8.30am to 4pm (Students are required to attend CCA, which will end at 4pm on Thursdays.)
*Subject to changes
Registration Fee: $95
Course Fee: $ 160 per month
* Fees exclude material/book fees
* Subject to changes
Current as of 22nd Feb 18