Certificate in Islamic Studies (FT) NEW
Certificate in Islamic Studies (FT) (New)
- To equip students with the knowledge of Islamic Studies, and to show the relevance of Islamic concepts and principles in the daily lives of contemporary Muslims.
- To equip students with the fundamentals of Islamic Studies.
- To enhance students` proficiency in Al-Quran recitation.
- To foster and develop a basic understand of the Arabic Language and its extension.
- To expose and explain the Islamic Jurisprudence and Tasawwur Islam on various aspects of life (economic, social, politics, education and civilization).
This programme caters for those who are interested to acquire basic knowledge of Islamic Studies as a disipline of study. In this programme, participants will learn some basic concepts and principles that form the foundation of sub-disciplines such as ‘Aqidah, Fiqh, Hadith, Sirah and Tajweed.
Upon completion, the student have an opportunity to advance to Diploma in Islamic Studies offered in Muhammadiyah Islamic College with the condition of ‘Pass’ in the final certification.
Duration: 1.5 years
- Able to recite the Qur’an moderately
- Must have completed N’Level/O’Level OR any equivalent certificate such as follows
- Completed the Youth aLIVE programme at Mosque
- Completed and passed Secondary 4 level for Part-time Madrasah or Mosque madrasah students
- Other qualification that is recognized by the Academic Committee of the College as equivalent to the above
Student must complete and pass all 27 credit hours by which a certificate in Islamic Studies will be granted.
Repeat of subject/ semester
1. Students who fail 3 or more subjects must repeat the whole semester.
2. Students who fail less than 3 subjects will be allowed for a resit examination by which the highest attainable grade is C. Students who fail in the resit must retake the subject(s) in the next semester.
3. No provision of supplementary class unless sufficient number of student register for a particular subject. Hence, students will have to wait for the next available class.
Mon, Tue, Wed, and Friday: 8.30am – 3.00pm
Thurs: 8.30am to 4pm (Students are required to attend CCA, which will end at 4pm on Thursdays.)
*Subject to changes
Registration Fee: $95
Course Fee: $ 160 per month
* Fees exclude material/book fees
* Subject to changes