Diploma in Islamic Studies: Islamic Shariah (Part-Time)
Islamic Studies (Islamic Shariah) (Part-Time)
- to develop highly knowledgeable students, equipped with fundamental principles of Islamic Law such as Contemporary Fiqh (Fiqh Muassir) and Fiqh Inheritance (Fiqh Mawarith) among others.
- To equip students with a better understanding of the Islamic legal ruling.
Diploma in Syariah Islamiyyah is a part-time programme introduced to equip students with a strong understanding of the Islamic Legal Ruling,Islamic Law and among others, in order to deal with challenging comtemporary issues that muslim has to face on a daily basis coupled with living in the ever-changing world such as Singapore.
Upon completion of this programme, students are able to pursue their studies in Degree in Islam Studies programme offered by Muhammadiyah Islamic College.
- Pass in Advanced Certificate in Islamic Studies (SLPI) OR any equivalent certificate such as following:
- GCE ‘O’ levels (minimum 3 credits) and/or Thanawi Rabi’ (secondary 4) or STE (conducted by MUIS) or a Thanawi Rabi’ (secondary 4) certificate from a recognised madrasah.
- Other qualification that is recognized by the Academic Committee of the College as equivalent to the above.
In order to obtain a Diploma in Islamic Studies, a student must comply with all the requirements set by Muhammadiyah Islamic College. The student must complete 92 credits.
Repeat of Module (Part-Time)
Students are required to repeat the module (re-module) if:
- their attendance is below 75%
- doesn’t meet the stated requirements in handbook.
- failed the retake examination
Friday: 7.30 pm - 9.30 pm & Saturday: 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm
Saturday: 9.00 pm - 1.00 pm
Saturday: 2.00pm - 4.00pm & Sunday: 9.00am - 11.00am)
Sunday (2.00pm - 6.30pm)
Registration Fee: $ 95
Course Fee: $ 160 per month
Duration: 3 Years
* Fees exclude material/book fees
* Subject to changes
Current as of 22nd Feb 18