This program was introduced in 2015 and first intake was enrolled in October 2015.
This program is collaboration between Muhammadiyah Islamic College (MIC) and
Faculty of Islamic Civilization, UTM.
This is full research program. Student can do research on the following area of research:
- Philosophy and Islamic Thought
- Al-Qur’an and Al-Hadith
- Arabic Language and Literature
- Islamic Education (Philosophy, Pedagogy, Curriculum, Co-curriculum, Psychology)
- Dakwah and Leadership
- Islamic Finance and Economics
- Environmental Issues and Ethics
- Islam and Social Studies
- Islam and Gender Studies
- Classical Text Studies
- Islamic Art and Architecture
- Islamic Management and Administration
- Comparative Religion
- And more……
This program is conducted as a full time. Candidates are required to perform research work leading
to the writing of academic thesis.
Academic thesis must be written either in Malay, Arabic or English.
Candidates are also required to register these following courses:
1- Research Methodology – 1st Semester (will be held in Muhammadiyah Islamic Colege)
2- Philosophy of Science and Civilization – 2nd Semester (will be held in Muhammadiyah Islamic Colege)
In this special program (MIC-UTM – Master of Philosophy program),
supervisor(s) will come to Muhammadiyah Islamic College three times per semester
to supervise the student and one session in UTM Johor Bahru.
An appointment of supervisor will be decided by the Academic Committee, Faculty of Islamic Civilization.
- A bachelor’s degree with good honors in a relevant field from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or
- any other institutions or
- higher learning recognized by the UTM Senate; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to Bachelor’s degree and experience in the related field recognized by the UTM Senate.
* Subject to changes